Tuesday, June 22, 2010






Looks like I haven't posted for a very long time. I mainly use Blogger to 'live through others'. :) I love to read about how people who are crafty, can turn a garage sale item into something beautiful!! I can only hope someday that I'll be able to do those things-because I sure can't now.
Just a little that's been going on here:



Darik turned 16 in March and had a car, until this month when the transmission went out. So today or tomorrow he will be the proud owner of a beater car!! :) He starts his job tomorrow at the coffee house in Syracuse, making drinks for others. He's excited and I'm so glad! Darik is a tab bit girl crazy now and I can't get him home in the evenings!! He's other at his girlfriends or with his friends! I MISS MY LITTLE BOY! :( He also began lifting weights, so his body is getting built-he wants to model and this is one area that he needed to work on.




Casey will turn 13 in 2 weeks and 1 day. Will have both teenagers then!! WHAT?! It shows too. Casey has spouted up in the past year and his looks have changed-alot! I think, his voice is even a bit different. I suppose that will change sometime in the near future. Dariks changed when he was 15... Casey recently became the proud wearer of braces. We go to Harre Orthodontics in Lincoln and Paula and her staff are just amazing and take so much time with the kiddos!! He'll have to wear them for 18 months-he doesn't mind at all. He was anxious to get them because he didn't like his overbite and his two front teeth. Already all of his teeth are even. SUPER!!

I'm still working in Nebraska City at the hospital-went back to school last fall. It's alot harder when you're an adult!!! I'm almost done with my pre-requisites so that I can go into the nursing program, this is what I've been waiting for!! I love helping people! I'm still on the rescue squad in Syracuse; however I relinquished my position as Secretary so that I could concentrate on school. Still, I love the sounds of the tones when that pager goes off-adrenaline!


Shon and I just celebrated our 6th Anniversary in February, we didn't do anything outstanding-we went out for supper. Of course, if we don't take the kids-I feel guilty. We need to have 'date nights' because each time we do go out anywhere, one of the boys is always with us. Because if they aren't I feel bad!!!


This is my summer-poolside! I love the sun and the water. Every chance I get, that's where I'm at. With or without the kiddos.
Just wanted to update my blog. I've got a hair appt. today that I'm kind of excited about. I keep chopping my hair off because it makes me mad but I've decided to let it grow out-(that's the hardest part!)
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hi Kim! Thanks so much for following my blog.
Your sons are very handsome. Oh those teenage years. I have a 14 year old daughter. So far..so good..a few more years before my boys get there!
Good luck with Nursing school. I did it as a second career. With your experience, you will do awesome! It will be hard, but it will go by fast!
Nice to meet you! Following you back!
:) Jen

Susan Anderson said...

Isn't it a strange feeling when those boys of ours start becoming men? (But I can still see the little boy in their eyes.)

That's exciting about nursing school. Good luck to you.

=)