Monday, October 13, 2008

Time Flies

It seems like it was just yesterday the boys were babies!! Now, Casey is 11 and Darik is 14. I marked on the wall tonight how tall they were. I am 5'4"~short! Casey is 4' 7" and 70 lbs and Darik is 5' 6 and 3/4 " and 102 lbs. Darik is going to be TALL like his real dad-who is 6' 4"-6' 5", Casey isn't going to be so tall... I don't think. Boy- I remember when they were LITTLE! I mean just measured by INCHES! Where does the time go...Darik went to his first Homecoming dance a week and a half ago. He's a freshman. Next summer he will be in Driver's Ed. SCARY! His voice is changing. Girls won't quit calling. Nerve racking! Casey is the youngest...I hang on to that alot. He knows this too. I don't think that he minds. Every day they change in some small way. In some way that you can never get back. I take pictures...alot of them, all of the time. I am always the picture taker-seems I am never in them. I don't always like that. We have SO MANY pictures! A picture is worth a thousand words...a story can unfold in one photo. The years go by so quickly when kids are small...it seems like you can't wait for them to get older so that they can do one thing or another for themselves and then you turn around and that time has come and gone and they are capable of doing that and so much more that it seems they are nearly independent. Nobody tells you when they are babies that those things will happen!! Nobody tells you to hold onto those little moments!! Well, maybe they do-but I think that we take them for granted maybe. All that I know is it seems like one day they are babies and the next day you turn around and they are pre teens and teenagers!!! Time gets away from you. It flies and before you know it...they've grown up!!!

2 comments:

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

I'm so glad you started blogging!!