Monday, October 20, 2008

Homecoming...

This is a photo of my oldest, Darik and his date Justine (not his girlfriend-just a friend-apparently.) When he started school this year as a freshman, I asked him several times if he planned on going to Homecoming. Whether he has a girlfriend or not it seems that there are always girls calling or stopping by-so I had just assumed that he would want to go. I wanted him to go. I never went to mine, I always had "better" things to do with my time. (However, I've not told the boys that). Anyway...he tells me a couple weeks before Homecoming that he has a date and "guess who I'm going with"-weellllll... these two have a history. So, I immediately say, well I bet it's not you're girlfriend, right? Right-they had broken up. No worries, he says. So. I knew before that and I say...I sure hope that history isn't repeating itself AGAIN, for like the 3rd time. He argues and says it's only happened twice...but I write these historical things down, so I know it's been more than twice. So, I say "Justine" and he tells me ~"yeah, cool, right?". Sure... This is what happens when they go to dances. They show up together, or meet there, start off together and 1/2 hour or so into the dance-something happens, it all blows up and they wind up fighting, he winds up hurt and mad and she winds up in the middle of her friends and he winds up feeling ignored. But he acts like it doesn't bother him. Ugh. It makes me so mad. But, I have to let him learn on his own. SO. I order the wristlette. He doesn't want to...cause that's "so gay-nobody else is going to have one" and I take him to pick her up, and they go together. I go to pick him up at 11 and what's happened. Same old thing. He gets in, slams the door and says. "It sucked, I had a crappy time, I TOLD YOU I DIDN'T WANT TO GO!"...Um, what? I didn't want to say "I told you so". He knows. But geez, it really sucks when your kids hurt. Boys don't let their feelings show alot anyway but when they do, you know they really have hurt feelings. Girls can be so mean!! Hormones. They're awful! LOL!! TEENAGERS!!! I told him that at least they looked good! :) He glared at me. I told him just to look on the bright side, he could take someone else next year!!! :)

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Hi Kim!!

It is so hard when your kids hurt! It was a lot easier when they were younger and you could just put a bandaid on or distract them with a toy.

Did you see the hike pictures on my blog?